Monday, June 25, 2001

i'm driving down memory lane.... again. =) it must have been my senior year of high school and i was driving through golden gate park on the way home from my afterschool job. i was zooming along in my 81 Volvo-- (zooming is a relative concept) and all i can remember is singing my heart out to shai's "baby i'm yours". now i'm the kind of guy who signs his heart out in the car... well, that is when i'm alone-- and when its a killer song!

"baby i'm yours... if you want me... and if you want my sweet love, youuuuurs...."

at this point i'm probably driving about 20 miles over the speed limit and screaming/singing at the top of my lungs....albeit i'm still a safe driver during this performance....

i'm only a couple of blocks away from my house and i look over to the car next to me.... looking back at me are my parents with their mouths hanging open as if they've never seen anything as horrible in their lives. upon arriving home they proceed to inquire about what i was doing and if i truly thought that singing that strenuously was safe. one question they didn't ask was "what song was it?"

guess what is in my cd player, right now? the boys from shai.

No comments: